This weekend in North Wales... Conwy Feast
This weekend (23rd-24th October) is the seventh Gwledd Conwy Feast, and organisers are promising that this year's offering will be the best yet.
Local produce is the theme this year, and a feast cafe on Conwy Quayside will be serving food from within a 30 mile radius of the historical town.
So, what else is on the menu you ask?
This festival is far more than just food stalls! Yes, there are 150 of them, but there are also four stages of entertainment, a beer tent, art workshops for children, a mini veg garden, a marquee of farm animals, and a special exhibition of food - related artwork at the Royal Cambrian Gallery, films and poetry readings too.
Entry is £5 for adults, free for children and includes entry to Conwy Castle where re-enactments and medieval themed entertainment will take place.
Any celebrity appearances?
It wouldn't be the Conwy Feast without some well known names around to share in the fun.
Weather girl Sian Lloyd will be hosting tutored wine tastings, and Byrn Williams is headlining in the True Taste marquee.
Denbigh-born Bryn is now chef patron of Odette's restaurant in London's Primrose Hill, but will be reunited with his former tutors from Coleg Llandrillo where he trained before forging his hugely successful career in London.
Other guests include Bryan Webb from Michelin-starred restaurant Tyddyn Llan at Llandrillo near Corwen - is the highest rated restaurant in Wales in the Good Food Guide 2010.
We will also be welcoming award winning author, broadcaster and wine expert Colin Pressdee, an established Feast favourite who will bring his expansive knowledge of Welsh fish and shellfish to the event.
Joining them is 16-year-old Luke Thomas, who was a National Chef of Wales 2010 finalist and is now in his fourth year of demonstrating at the feast, as well as students of Coleg Llandrillo Cymru and their tutors demonstrating their culinary skills.
Log onto the website for the chefs' demonstration timetable and event listings.
This news story was published on: 19/10/2010
Add your favourite attractions to this list by clicking on the + button.
You have no attractions saved to your favourites.View your favourites
- King Arthur's Labyrinth launches Halloween Ghost Tours
- Janet from Pennsylvania visits Inigo Slate Works
- WALES RALLY GB: NEW BASE; NEW ROUTE; NEW CHALLENGES: NEW APPEAL!
- The Wanted's Max George Visits the Welsh Mountain Zoo
- Greenwood Forest Park Earns 2013 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence
- New Keeper of the Labyrinth unveiled
- NoFit State Circus comes to Bangor
- Family Adventures That Last
- Underground Treat for Fathers Day
- Museums and Heritage Awards 2013
- 'Cariad Ink' Tattoo Festival Coming To Llandudno
- Coronation Street Star Opens Welsh Slate Plaque
- Great News for Christmas Shoppers in Gwynedd!
- New Y Crochan Larder stocks a delicious taste of Wales
- Life and Death Underground at Corris Mine Explorers
- Wales Rally GB 2012, return of the Celtic Tiger!
- Corris Craft Centre Celebrates 30 Year Anniversary
- Green Award for GreenWood Forest Park
- Llandudno named 'happiest' town in Wales
- Welsh Slate Plaque For Brave American Soldier