Green Award for GreenWood Forest Park
GreenWood Forest Park, North Wales leading Adventure Park is delighted to have been recognised by being given the Rural Wales Award by the Campaign for the Protection of Rural Wales.
The award which will be presented to GreenWood in June is for the remarkably positive impact that it has had on the countryside, the community and the local economy.
Since opening in 1993 GreenWood has continued to work towards preserving the biodiversity of the ex-forestry site on which it stands. Over the years 10,000 trees have been planted, and hares, owls and polecats have made it their home. GreenWood remains proud of the fact that the majority of its staff come from the surrounding Welsh speaking communities.
GreenWood's Managing Director Stephen Bristow had this to say about winning the award:" It is a great honour to receive this award. We have always tried to combine providing an interesting and fun day out with careful management of the environment. The hard work and enthusiasm of the staff has made this possible"
Add your favourite attractions to this list by clicking on the + button.
You have no attractions saved to your favourites.View your favourites
- Inigo Jones featured on BBC's Escape to the Country on January 8th
- Christmas 2013 at Inigo Jones
- Super Cars All Set for Chirk Castle
- Ghostly Seas
- School's out! Live life adventurously at Go Ape Coed-y-Brenin
- King Arthur's Labyrinth launches Halloween Ghost Tours
- Janet from Pennsylvania visits Inigo Slate Works
- WALES RALLY GB: NEW BASE; NEW ROUTE; NEW CHALLENGES: NEW APPEAL!
- The Wanted's Max George Visits the Welsh Mountain Zoo
- Greenwood Forest Park Earns 2013 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence
- New Keeper of the Labyrinth unveiled
- NoFit State Circus comes to Bangor
- Family Adventures That Last
- Underground Treat for Fathers Day
- Museums and Heritage Awards 2013
- 'Cariad Ink' Tattoo Festival Coming To Llandudno
- Coronation Street Star Opens Welsh Slate Plaque
- Great News for Christmas Shoppers in Gwynedd!
- New Y Crochan Larder stocks a delicious taste of Wales
- Life and Death Underground at Corris Mine Explorers